A nebula is an interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen, helium and other ionized gases. Open up a discussion with your kids about nebulas and how they may form in outer space with this out-of-this world craft! Simply layer cotton balls, water, tempera paint and glitter until you reach the top of the jar and you create a craft that mimics the wonder of an actual nebula in space!
1. Fill your glass jar with a little water.
2. Add a little tempera paint and stir.
3. Add cotton balls and then glitter.
4. Keep adding layers of water, tempera paint, cotton balls and glitter, pressing down the cotton balls with a spoon until you reach the top.
5. Screw on the lid and your Nebula Jar is all set!