I love a good protein snack that is also low in fat. Actually, these vegan burritos also make a wonderful dinner idea. If you love Mexican food as much as I do, you will also love these burritos. There’s no meat or cheese so they are completely vegan and that also cuts down on the fat just a bit. They are really delicious though and so easy to make. They’ll be a must for your next taco night.
The protein comes from brown rice and white beans, which are both good for you. There are so many flavorful ingredients in these. My family absolutely loves them and has begged me to make them again. They also have mushrooms, peppers, onions and of course, avocado. They will save you quite a few calories over regular burritos so you can enjoy this luscious lemon glazed zucchini bread without guilt.
These burritos also have a wonderfully flavored homemade sauce. They’re sure to be a hit for family dinner or you could make them up ahead of time to take for lunch at work. They’re low in fat and have wonderfully flavorful ingredients. If you are watching your fat and calories, these are certainly a treat anytime of the day or night. Also, if you’re looking for a good family dinner idea you have to try this seasoned bacon baked chicken and potatoes recipe. It’s a hit with everyone at the dinner table.
Whether you’re having taco night or you just want something a bit spicy but not filled with fats, these burritos are sure to be a hit. They’re easy to make and only take about an hour or less from ingredients to table.
Fresh ingredients make these burritos taste wonderful.
Homemade sauce gives them an extra kick of spicy flavor.
Vegetables are sautéed together before beans and rice are added.
Layer each tortilla with delicious filling and avocado slices.
Bake burritos, covered in sauce, for less than half an hour.
A delicious low fat burrito with all the flavor you want.
These Vegan Burritos Are The Perfect Low Fat High Protein Snack
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup of cooked brown rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3.5 oz. (100 g) of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup of canned white beans
- 2/3 cup of canned corn
- 2 avocados
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2-3 slices of pickled jalapeno, minced
- 2 tbsps. of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp. of powdered cumin
- 1 tbsp. of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Combine ingredients for the sauce together.
- For the burrito filling, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add garlic, jalapeno and mushrooms, season with a pinch of salt, lemon juice and paprika. Continue cooking until all the excess liquid from mushrooms evaporates.
- Stuff each tortilla wrap with a heaping tablespoon of rice, corn, beans and sautéed vegetables. Slice one avocado and add a few pieces on top of each burrito. Add some chopped cilantro and roll the tortillas into burritos.
- Place burritos in a greased baking pan seam down. Top with tomato sauce and bake for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with leftover avocado (mashed) and fresh greens.
Cuisine: Mexican | Recipe Type: Main dish